Class Blog

Email Me

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 3

I began this week by listening to the assigned podcasts provided by itunes. I have to admit this was initially a frustrating experience, being new to itunes and my new computer. After navigating around the program, I was then able to understand how itunes could be used as a powerful teaching instrument.
First of all, I listened to "SMARTboard lessons" podcasts with Ben Hazzard. From listening to this podcast, I hypothesized that this was done through a small microphone. The audio isn't amazing and sounds as though it is being held close to his mouth via headset. When Hazzard made an order through the drive through, it sounded as though he was still talking into the microphone, which again takes me back to my hypothesis that he's wearing a headset or bluetooth.
Next, I listened to KidCast "Some thoughts on Video Podcasting". From the title and the content of the podcast, I was able to conclude that this podcast was actually done via video podcasting. The clarity of the audio also contributed to the idea that this podcast was done through a video and then the audio was downloaded.
Then, I listened to David Warlick's "Connect Learning"- episode 90. I believe to create this episode, Warlick passed around a microphone to his crowd . He also had a microphone he was talking into the entire time.
In addition to this, I listened to "Ed Tech Talk". This podcast was in the form of a conversation between two people. It sounded as though, they were each talking into something different. By this I mean, that each person had their own computer and was conversing online through a medium.
Along with this, I listened to "MacBreak Weekly" with Leo Laporte and Alex Lindsay. From the start of this podcast, it sounded as though it was done in a much more professional manner. The equipment and quality is impeccable. I think they used square space, go to meeting, and audible.com, because these are the sponsors they acknowledged in the beginning of the podcast.
Finally, I feel like the podcast "This Week In Photography" was also done through a video podcast. However, it kind of sounds like it was done in the same fashion as a radio show. After further listening, I am going to settle on the radio show idea. The way in which they mention there sponsors rather then just showing something through a video tells me that this is just like a radio show.

1.Media Literacy in the First Grade
http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php#comments
It's crazy how advanced kids are now days. I think I am ready and I am doing all I can to get prepared.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to an EdTechTalk as well, and the audio was really bad. I think that it is important to produce your podcast well if you want people to take you seriously.

    ReplyDelete