Class Blog

Email Me

Friday, February 5, 2010

Week 4 Feb. 7

For the assignment I chose"Integrating ICT into the MFL classroom: The benefits of podcasting in the classroom", as the tool to aid me into the creation of my own podcast. This website provided a video podcast with a lot of useful information.
For example, in the film they created a scenario in which a child is sick and they were able to view their study guide from the comfort of their home. In addition to this, it explained how podcasts fits into Blooms Taxonomy and encourages higher level thinking. I also agreed with how they stated that it encourages creativity. I have seen so many different approaches to podcasting and I still don't know which approach I will chose.
In addition to this, I agree that the process is easily learned and proves to be a very helpful tool. Although not all children have computer and Internet access, it still is a great idea to make the links available.

2 comments:

  1. I believe video podcasting is a great tool for children to use who are home bound and who are home schooled. The fact that the sick child was able to continue his studies at home lead me to believe podcasting is a great tool for learning. I have no idea of how I will conduct my podcast but I know it will be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Video Podcasting is very useful! I also agreed with you about how they stated that it encourages creativity. I hope to use Video Podcast in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete