Class Blog

Email Me

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Week 11 April 4

I read Mr. Chamberlain's blog, watched Kaia's video summary, and read her father's blog. Going out to explore nature and using technology to capture the moment was a moving experience. At the age of three Kaia was able to demonstrate her knowledge on the material she just learned. This information was then shared with classrooms across the globe including Mr. Chamberlain's.
Although Kaia is a typical child, what occured to me while viewing her video summary was how an assignment such as this could be used for special needs students to demonstrate thier mastery of subject matter. If a child has trouble expressing themselves through their writing, Kaia gave an excellent example of an alternative assingment. She was able to show us what she learned, and how she learned it even though she is still illiterate.
In addition to this, I also enjoyed the way one child's experience has had such a large impact on many other children and even adults. Who would have guessed a three year old could stir up so much knowledge and incentive.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Listening to her picture essay was moving, and it's going to be even more special in many years when she can go back and remember what it was like to be three again. It really is neat how much chatter Kaia's conjured up, and I'm glad to be in the mix of it all. This "technological stuff" really is pretty new to me, but I'm catching on quickly, and with the inspiration from a three year old, I know I, as well as anyone else around the world, can use technology to share, teach, learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea you had about using photography with special needs children. I think it would be a great way for them to express themselves. Good job!

    ReplyDelete