Class Blog

Email Me

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 12 April 11


The preceding video is one of the comments for kids I was assigned to in EDM 310. I love hearing the sounds of children singing. I also enjoyed hearing a foreign song that I was familiar with sang. Thanks to blog posts and youtube I was able to actively participate as part of an audience to children in another part of the world.

Photobucket
During this Spring semester I visited Jonathan's(a student at Avoca West School)blog which described a book he had read. I, along with many others were able to read his book review because it had been posted online. Posting his book review online has many advantages, he was able to use spell check and virtually free his writing of errors, and he was also able to get feedback from many readers.
To view his report follow this link: http://avoca37.org/13jonathans/2010/01/05/al-capone-shines-my-shoes-book-review/comment-page-1/#comment-8



Finally, I think the greatest advantage of posting student's blogs was that I, as a student, was able to connect to other learners in different areas. Although my writing may not be error free, I know that it has greatly improved grammatically. In addition to this, nothing makes me feel happier than children and I loved seeing, hearing, and reading about what they were learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment